Do chat with us with any questions.
AXA is pleased to announce the extension of coverage in their selected Group and Individual Health Products for complications that arise from COVID-19 vaccinations.
This extension is complimentary and automatic, no application is required.
Please refer to the linked files on the terms & conditions of the extended coverage.
Please refer to AXA SmartTraveler policy wording for full details.
Exclusions applicable to all benefits under this Endorsement:
In addition to the General Exclusions, We will also not pay any claim in respect of:
1. You, Your Family Member, Your Travelling Companion or the family that You will be staying with during the trip is diagnosed (or suspected of being infected) with a Pandemic Illness (including Covid-19) at the point of purchase of this Policy or trip.
2. Circumstances known to you before You purchased the policy or booked the trip which could reasonably have been expected to lead to a claim on the Policy.
3. Any reason not listed in the 'When We will Pay' section of the benefits.
4. Any medical treatment or medical care that cannot be attributed to a Pandemic Illness, including Covid-19.
5. Your travel to a country, specific area or event when the Singapore government or regulatory authority in a country to/from which you are travelling has advised against travelling.
6. Loss caused directly or indirectly by government regulations or control including closure of borders of the country.
7. Your failure to obtain any mandatory vaccines, inoculations or prescribed medications prior to your trip.
8. Costs of mandatory COVID-19 diagnostic tests that are required to take for the Trip or cancellation/curtailment claims arising from your failure to take these tests in a timely manner.
9. Your disinclination to travel, change of mind or fear of travelling due to the Pandemic (including Covid-19).
10. Cruises are excluded from coverage under this Endorsement. By cruises, We mean travels on a cruise ship or cruise liner which lasts the period of time outlined in Your holiday package to visit multiple destinations.
11. Any medical treatment or medical care that are paid for by the local government authority.
12. One-way trips.
13. Loss recoverable from any other source.
For all new and existing employees and dependants, AXA will extend the COVID-19 coverage from Day 1 of their arrival in Singapore.
The terms and conditions for the coverage are as follows:
Existing employees and dependants
1. Applicable for all Foreign Workers on valid IPA, WP, S Pass, EP, DP or LTVP.
2. The employee/dependant must have continuous cover under the policy.
3. AXA will pay for relevant COVID-19 medical treatment(s) up to the policy limits under the current policy terms and conditions.
New employees and dependants
1. Applicable for all Foreign Workers on valid IPA, WP, S Pass, EP, DP or LTVP entering Singapore on or after 1 January 2021.
2. AXA will pay for relevant COVID-19 medical treatment(s) up to the policy limits under the current policy terms and conditions.
3. Effective date of this coverage will be the date of arrival in Singapore and current premiums agreed under the policy will be charged with effect from the date of arrival in Singapore.
4. Employer/Group Policyholder must declare the date of arrival of the employee/dependant to AXA, prior to their arrival in Singapore.
1. Any mandatory tests for COVID-19, but not limited to, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Swab Test or Antigen Rapid Test, upon arrival in Singapore, which does not result to hospitalisation for COVID-19.
2. Charges relating to Quarantine or Stay-Home-Notice (SHN) facilities.
3. If the Employee/dependant is not hospitalised for COVID-19.
Ministry of Manpower Press Release:
AXA Covid-19 Coverage for Foreign Worker: