Choosing a home insurance can be an overwhelming experience. So we make it simple and focus on the essentials.

Below are the top 5 considerations in picking up the right cover for yourself

Fire and Extraneous Perils, or All-Risk cover
Fire and Extraneous Perils covers specific causes. Examples:
• Fire, lightning or explosion
• Bursting or overflowing of domestic water tanks or pipes
• Theft by forcible and violent entry

All-Risk will provide a wider scope. Covering accidental damage, unless excluded. Common exclusions are wear and tear, causes by vermin and etc.

Liability – For owner occupied, tenant and landlord
Protect you and your family against liability caused to third parties.
• Personal Legal Liability due to accidental bodily injury or death or accidental damage to their property
• Tenant’s Liability toward landlord due to loss of or damage to the Building, Fixtures, Fittings and Renovations, and Contents

Alternative Accommodation
Crashing in with your best pal and relatives may not seems to be the best idea. A home insurance can cover the cost of a temporary accommodation for you and your family.

Building, Renovation, Contents and Valuables
Dedicated sum-insured is provided for each of the categories with limit imposed on per item. If you have high-valued watches, bags and collectibles, you may want to declare and have them insured on named-basis.

First-Loss and Average Clause
A First-Loss policy will cover up to the sum-insured, while an Average Clause policy will make deduction on the claim payout if the purchased sum-insured is inadequate to cover the actual value of your property. Regardless, always have adequate sum-insured on a New-for-Old basis.

For Home Owner and Landlord

Building – You need to be aware of the various risks and ensure that your building structures are sufficiently covered.

Fixtures, Fittings & Renovation – Having spent good money on home improvements, renovations and additional fixtures and fittings. Safeguard the elements which you have spent on and protect the things that add a personal touch to your home.

Contents – If you own a HDB flat, the compulsory Fire Insurance that you have does not cover the valuables in your home. You’ll need home insurance to protect the contents (like your furniture and electrical appliances) belonging to you and your family.

For Landlord

Property Owner’s Liability – Now that you’re renting out your unit, you could be legally liable for any accidental mishap or death of your tenant caused by a defect in the building. Protect yourself against such risks and get covered for any legal costs you may face.

Loss of Rent – If you’re renting out your place and it becomes uninhabitable due to damage, you will be covered for the loss of rent which would have been otherwise payable to you, while the property is being reinstated.

For Tenant

Fixtures, Fittings & Renovation – As a tenant, if you’ve spent money making home improvements and renovations to your rented property, ensure that the additional fixtures and fittings (like your built-in wardrobe) are covered for any loss or damage.

Contents – Your landlord’s home insurance does not protect your valuables as the tenant. By covering contents belonging to you, you can seek reimbursement for any loss or damage.

Tenant’s Liability – Just in case you are legally liable for accidentally damaging your landlord’s property, fixtures and fittings, or household contents, you can rest assured that the legal costs will be taken care of.

Our popular choice – QBE Home Prestige

Comprehensive coverage for your home
Loss/Damage to Home Contents, automatic first loss coverage, up to S$200,000
• Loss/Damage to fixtures, fittings and renovations, up to S$100,000. With option to increase coverage to cover building.
Loss of rental, for owners: 25% of sum insured, up to 30 days
Temporary accommodation, for occupier: up to 25% of sum insured, up to 6 months
• Personal Accident coverage, S$50,000 in the aggregate
Liability to others, S$5,000,000 in the aggregate
• Option to purchase Personal Effects coverage and domestic Workers’ Compensation

Premium (inclusive of GST)

Public housing – $107
Studio Apartment, 2-Room Flat, 3-Room Flat, 4-Room Flat, 5-Room Flat, 3Gen Flat, Executive Flat, DBSS Flat

Private (excluding Landed Property) – $160.50
HUDC Flats, Executive Condominiums, Condominiums, Apartments, Walk Ups

Private (Landed Property) – $256.80
Conservation Houses, Shop Houses, Terrace Houses, Town Houses, Cluster Houses, Semi-Detached Houses, Detached Houses, Good Class Bungalows

Application available over WhatsApp and email

Fire & Insured Perils – AXA SmartHome

Protects your building, fixtures and/or contents for any of these specified risks:

• Fire, lightning or explosion
• Impact by any land vehicles which you or your family do not own or control
• Bursting or overflowing of domestic water tanks or pipes within your building
• Theft by forcible and violent entry
• Windstorm and flood
• Malicious act of any person other than you and your family

Common Exclusions

× failure to take due care and precaution to safeguard your belongings
× Any loss or damage whilst your building is undergoing construction, renovation or repair
× Wear and tear, gradual deterioration, rot, fungus, atmospheric conditions and vermin
× Defective design, faulty workmanship or manufacturing faults
× If HDB town council or management corporation strata title (MCST) is responsible for replacing or repairing the damage
× Illegal or wilful acts or failure to act by you, your family or anyone legally allowed in the Building

Enjoy up to 50% off
AXA SmartHome

*Promotion ends 28 February, 2019.
Terms and Conditions apply.