Property and Business Interruption Section
Covers and Sums Insured in SGD
sum-insured to be sufficient on a New-for-Old replacement value
Work injury compensation
Going by MOM regulation, we will need to arrange the insurance for:
- All employees doing manual work, regardless of salary level; and
- All employees doing non-manual work and earning $1,600 or less a month.
For other employees, you have the flexibility to decide whether to buy insurance for them. However, if those employees make a valid claim, you will have to compensate them regardless of whether they are insured.
The declared wages must consist of the normal wages, food and housing allowances, overtime payments, bonuses and AWS but excluding travelling allowances and employers' CPF contributions.
- Manual work in connection with installation, erection, repair, maintenance, testing, demolition or construction
- Work in connection with underground, digging, excavation, manholes or tunneling
- Work at height greater than 30 feet (10m) above floor or ground level
- Work in connection with scaffolding, gondolas and/or other related activities
- Work in connection with diving and/or related underwater activities
- Work using heavy industries machines that involve cutting, pressing, grinding etc
- Work involving lifts, elevators, escalators, cranes, hoists and machinery
- Work involving welding and/or hot work
- Work involving explosives, gases, irritants or other materials that are toxic, explosive, flammable or corrosive
- Work in high risk areas such as petrochemical or chemical plant, cleanroom or computer room
- Work onboard vessel, shipyards or offshore
- Other hazardous activities
Group Personal Accident - Occupation class
Class 1 - indoor work mainly of sedentary nature
Class 2 - outdoor work or occasional manual work only when supervising workmen
Class 3 - manual work such as bakers, builders, carpenters, electrical engineers and plumbers and etc.